Thursday 30 April 2015

Culture Jam

What aspect of your cultural jam do you find most successful and why?
In my culture jam ad, I find the photo shopped model the most successful because it shows what animals go through in order for us just to wear makeup. I feel that the different burises, cuts, and other wounds create a more dramatic effect. By changing the emotion on her face, it makes us feel more sympathetic, and understand what animal testing really is, that animal testing isn’t simply putting lipstick and mascara on rats and rabbits.

What aspect of your culture jam do you find least successful and why?
I find the text the least successful, because I could have made it more impactful, and a little more motivating to the viewer to understand the effects of animal testing. I feel that the quotes I used do have an impact, but not sure if those facts and sayings would continue to run through the viewers mind. If I chose different sayings or facts, it may have had a greater impact to the viewer.

If you could do this project again, what changes would you make to improve it? 
If I were to do this project again, or re-complete it, I would have changed the texts on the side of the ad, some of the wounds on the models face, and made it blend more evenly, and more realisticly. I would have changed the light tones, to make it more of a negative feel, rather than positive lighting. The biggest thing would be to add more impactful texts to the culture jam ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment