Wednesday 11 February 2015

The Invisible - Brainstorming and Paragraphs




Assignment #1 “The Invisible”
What do I think of when I hear the invisible?
     I think of ghosts, spooking things, demons and the paranormal
     I think of sound, light waves, and science things
     People who are under prejudice of the government and from other people
     The environment, and the effects of pollution on the environment/world
     Feelings, souls, and emotions
     Children that are bullied and mistreated
     Families in poverty
     People who have been trafficked in the world
     Children that sit alone at school, at lunch, have no friends, etc
     God, Faith, and religions

                For this first assignment, in “I Want to Believe or The Invisible”, I chose the Invisible category. For my piece, I would like to get the viewer to understand everyone’s blindness to the pollution of the environment, and the side effects of us continuing to pollute. It is about time everyone woke up and worked as a group against the pollution. Being aware of its bad effects has to be more than enough to work on pollution reduction. No matter what the governments do, the main action should come from people. I want my art piece to reach out to the viewer, and make them understand what is going to happen to the environment if we continue to do the same harmful actions. I want people to understand how we are taking our world for granted, and we need to take more careful actions, and respect the world that is given to us.
                In my art piece, I would like it to act as a ‘wakeup call’ to the viewer. I want the piece to get the viewer to understand the effects of pollution by using emotional and upsetting images. By triggering deep emotions, it can make the viewer connect more to the piece, and help them think more deeply about the art. I want the viewer to feel like they are almost committing a crime by polluting. I want them to remember the images that are put into my art, and understand what happens, and what will happen in the future if the pollution continues. I want them to be emotional by looking at the piece, and think about the harm they are doing to the environment, the animals, and potentially themselves and their future, every time they decide to make a harmful decision.
                This idea and art piece is appealing to me because it is something I feel deeply about, and I worry about the environment, the things effected directly by pollution specifically, and the things that are helpless to stop it from happening. Things like nature and animals are powerless to stop our mistakes, and we need to realize the true effects of our mistreatment. It is appealing to me because I want people to understand what we are truly doing to the environment, and I want them to think about the things that we are harming, and what will happen in the future if we continue to do so. I want people to feel as vulnerable as the animals and nature that are receiving the side effects of our mistakes. If people felt the same way as the victims of our mistreatment, people may think twice before they decide to pollute our environment.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment